Alisa Tilsner's Colour Challenge

Here's the card I came up with for Alisa Tilsner's latest colour challenge. This is my first COLOUR challenge and I was very inspired by the great combination that Alisa has put together - Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand. Click on the colour swatch below to link to her site, where you'll see her lovely watercoloured flowers from the 'Bloomin' with Beauty' stamp set.

I looked at my selection of stamp sets and decided that 'Bird on a Branch' would be great for the combination of colours and I hadn't used it since I made all my Convention Swaps for Canberra.
It's a simple layout but took two days of deliberation! Just as well I'm on holidays.

For my next workshop, the hostess has asked me to demonstrate ways of putting different colour combinations together. Stampin' Up! has so many wonderful examples within the pages of its Idea Book and Catalogue. It's also fun to browse different blogs and websites to see what colour challenges are 'out there' for inspiration. So I thought I should 'practice what I preach' and actually give it a go.

Here's a scanned picture of the card where you can see it in more detail but the colours look a little 'washed out'.


Project Recipe:

Stamp Set: Bird on a Branch

Paper: Sahara Sand (textured), Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, Whisper White

Ink: Sahara Sand, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, White Half Back Pearls from the 'Pretties Kit', Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimensionals and Oval Die (non SU)

Thanks for stopping by and browsing at my blog. Blogging seems to be a little hobby within my hobby at the moment!!

LOL Bronwyn :)

Comments

I Love this set Bron, it's come up great with these colours, super job!! ALso love the denim look with your new blog! Cool!!
Smiles Sharnee :0)