Just Add Ink Challenge # 16 - Colour

Medallion and Dragonflies


I've had the Medallion stamp for nearly 3 weeks and this is the first time I've had a chance to 'play'. I originally ordered it so I could do the Emerging Colour Technique and I've noticed on lots of blogs lately that this has been a very popular way to use this versatile stamp.


I've used the following gorgeous Colour Combination, which is the challenge this week at Just Add Ink. It's number 16 already. Can you believe that? I hope you get time to play along if you're not knee deep in making SWAPS for Convention.





Dragonflies with Dazzling Diamonds on their Wings


Here's What I Did -

1) Stamped the En Francais Background Stamp (Pink Pirouette) onto a Glossy White piece of cardstock which was cut out using the Top Note Die.
2) Cut around the white Top Note shape where the 'stitching' was to leave room for a piece of Ruby Red cardstock for backing.
3) Brayered over the top using So Saffron Ink.
4) Stamped two of the leafy branch images from Autumn Days with Pink Pirouette, Ruby Red and Soft Suede Ink.
5) Wiped the Embossing Buddy all over the cardstock before stamping the Medallion stamp with Versa Mark.
6) Sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top and heat set it with a Heat Tool.
7) Brayered over the top with Soft Suede Ink and buffed off the extra ink on the embossed bit with a tissue.
8) Stamped some more leafy branch images from Autumn Days in the top left hand corner.
9) Popped on two cut out dragonflies (from Organic Grace - Hostess L1) stamped with Soft Suede on Glossy White, with dimensionals.
10) Used the 2-Way Glue Pen on the dragonflies' wings and added Dazzling Diamonds' Glitter.
11) Tied a ribbon using 1/4" Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon.
12) The whole image was placed on the Soft Suede Cardstock with dimensionals.
13) The sentiment is from the 2010 SAB set, Vintage Labels, stamped in Soft Suede Ink.

I think the Medallion is going to be a new favourite of mine!

Thanks for taking a peek!
Bron xx


Comments

Leonie said…
I have had it with swaps! I love what you have done here, it looks so pretty!
Mae Collins said…
If you have been looking lately at my blog you will notice that I have used this stamp many times with different effects - it is such a versatile stamp - and I am sure to be a new favourite of mine too! I love your glittery dragonflies! TFS
AJ said…
Beautiful, Bron! I love the close up on the detail too. Oh, there's an award on my blog for you when you're ready... ;)
Karen said…
This is so pretty, love the dazzling diamonds just finishes it off.