Stamping with Shimmer Paint (Inspiration from Shannon West)

Shimmery Medallion


Not only do I love my Impressions Magazine for SU Demonstrators, I love the ideas that are posted on Stampin' Connection (an on-line community for Aus/NZ SU Demos).

The lovely Shannon West has a video about Stamping with Shimmer Paint (not a new idea but her hints and tips are worth picking up on). I pretty much CASED her gorgeous card but used Blushing Bride for the butterflies instead of Baja Breeze and used a sneak peak stamp from Creative Elements as a frame for the sentiment. It's hard to photograph the shimmer but you can see a hint of it. The best thing that I liked about this card is that you can make it in under 10 minutes - gotta love that!!

Project Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Medallion, Upsy Daisy, Creative Elements
Card Stock: Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Basic Jewels - Pearls, Sponge Dauber, Dimensionals

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.


... and just for fun, I thought I'd try out some craft foil (Spellbinders - Jewels Pack) to make a cute Butterfly Fridge Magnet using Stampin' Up's! exclusive Beautiful Butterflies Die and embossing folders - Elegant Lines and Petals-a-Plenty. I love how it turned out.


Comments

These are gorgeous Bronwyn. Love the creative elements frame with the saying. That set might be worth buying just for that I reckon. Love the card and the magnet is beautiful too.
Jodene said…
These are gorgeous Bron! Love that shimmery medallion and the butterflies :)
Christine Blain said…
Ooh, I love how the sentiment from Upsy Daisy fits in the frame; perfection! Both of your projects are gorgeous, Bron.
Patrice said…
Wow that foil is really great. Terrific cards, both of them.
Marlena M. said…
WOWZERS that butterfly is a stunner! ;)
Leonie said…
I have made this card too, just waiting for some sunlight to photograph it! lol! Great minds huh? I too love the impressions mag, nothing better than a cuppa and some light reading.