JAI 104 - Back to School (Better Late than Never)

If you're doing a double take, I can explain ... Just Add Ink HAD an awesome Back to School Challenge LAST week but I was so busy being back at school myself, that I didn't get time to photograph and blog about my entry! Wow! I must have been super stuffed to miss a challenge.

JAI 104 - Back to School

I made the post it note holder and card to welcome a new member of staff into the grade 5/6 class.

The acrylic frame was purchased for a little under $4, and I jazzed it up with some SU ribbon, Kaiser Craft Papers from the Class of 87 Collection and attached a mini gel pen to finish it off.

The main image on the card is from Hampton Art - Graphic 45 which I decided not to colour in order to give it that vintage feel (Actually, if I was really truthful ... I just wasn't in the mood for colouring in :) .

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy crafting,

Comments

Nikki Spencer said…
Love the Vintage/Retro feel Bron and great idea to use the frame that way.
Better late than never...:0)
H2 :) said…
What awesome projects! The note holder is fabulous Bron - such a clever way to present it on the stand. Love that you kept the image on the card uncoloured & the papers/embellies are just perfect. :)
Christine Blain said…
What a fabulous little set of gifts for a new teacher at your school; that is so thoughtful, Bron. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
Jo said…
Love the Post It Note holder Bron. It looks fantstic. You're right, better late than never. As a first time school mum, I must say I'm having a little trouble getting into the routine of school. Not much has changed but what has, has sent me in a bit of a spin.
KimB said…
Hi Bron,
I figured you must be flat out with school. I love your post it holder idea might tuck that one away as an end of year teacher pressie idea!! Love the vintage/retro feel and how you were able to tailor the card for 5/6. A really gorgeous welcoming present!!
Kim xxx
Lynne Armstrong said…
These are fabulous Bron, especially the post it note holder...I'll be visiting Officeworks next trip to town :)
Hugs xx
Prudent Pioneer said…
I really love how you used the ribbon as the pen holder! Very clever!